Every school has a Governing Body. The Education (No 2) Act, 1986, states that from 16th September 2013 the Governing Body will consist of 3 Parent Governors, 1 Local Authority appointee, 1 Staff Governor, 1 Headteacher and 4 Co-Opted Governors.
Briefly the Governors’ duties are:
- To see that each school is conducted in accordance with the Education Acts.
- Finance - as it affects the needs of the school
- To see that the premises are kept in a good state of repair and to direct how the premises might be used out of school hours.
- To assist in the appointment of all staff in the school.
- To exercise general responsibility for the welfare of the school.
- Governors have always had responsibilities regarding the School’s Curriculum, but with the introduction of the National Curriculum, their duties in this area have been clearly defined.
- In 2014 we decided that all of our meetings would be full governing body meetings so that all governors are fully involved in all decisions.
- Full Governors’ meetings are held nine times a year.
- If you wish to contact the Governors for any reason, you may do so direct or through the Clerk to Governors, via the School Office on 365410.
Full Governoring Body Information (September 2015)
|Name||Position||Category||Appointing Authority||Date of Appointment||End Date|
|Mr Kevin Cockram||Vice Chair||Foundation Governor and Board Trustee||Governing body Trust||17/09/2013||16/09/2017|
|Mrs Fiona Hazeel||Headteacher||Staff and Board Trustee||Governing body Trust||01/08/2007|
|Mrs Elizabeth Purnell||LA||Governing body (from LA nomination)||16/11/2013||15/11/2017|
|Mr Anthony Rollinson||Staff and Board Trustee||Staff body||15/09/2014||14/09/2018|
|Mrs Sarah Stokes||Parent||Parent body||17/11/2014||16/11/2018|
|Mrs Jennifer Sweet||Foundation Governor and Board Trustee||Governing body Trust||18/11/2013||17/11/2017|
|Mrs Judith Walling||Chair||Co-opted||Governing body||15/10/2013||14/10/2017|
|Mrs Lesley Taylor||Clerk||Headteacher||15/04/2013|
|Mrs Deborah Fenn||Parent||Parent body||01/09/2011||Resigned 18/05/2015|
|Miss Louise Bowden||Parent||Parent body||10/10/2012||Resigned 13/10/2014|
|Mrs Emma Williams||Parent||Parent body||10/10/2012||Resigned 17/10/2014|
|Mrs Sylvia Guyler||Co-opted||Governing body||28/02/2013||Resigned 13/10/2014|
|Vacancy - Co-opted|
|Vacancy - Parent|
|Vacancy - Parent|
Governoring Body Pecuniary Interests (2015)
|Governor's Name||Pecuniary or Business Interests 2015|
|Mr Kevin Cockram||Nil|
|Mrs Fiona Hazeel||Governor at St Peter's CE Primary School and Director at Plaistation CIC|
|Mrs Elizabeth Purnell||Housing Manager and married to Managing Director of a consultancy company|
|Mr Anthony Rollinson||Nil|
|Mrs Sarah Stokes||Nil|
|Mrs Jennifer Sweet||Nil|
|Mrs Judith Walling||Nil|
|Mrs Lesley Taylor||Nil|
Governoring Body Attendance at meetings (September 2014 - present)
|Name||Full Governors' Meeting||Finance, Personnel and Buildings Committee Meeting||Community and Curriculum Committee Meeting|
|Mr Kevin Cockram||15/09/14, 17/11/14, 26/01/15, 23/02/15, 23/03/15, 20/04/15, 29/06/15, 12/10/15||13/10/14||03/11/14|
|Mrs Fiona Hazeel||15/09/14, 17/11/14, 26/01/15, 23/02/15, 23/03/15, 20/04/15, 18/05/15, 29/06/15, 12/10/15, 23/11/15||13/10/14||03/11/14|
|Mrs Elizabeth Purnell||15/09/14, 17/11/14, 26/01/15, 23/02/15, 20/04/15, 29/06/15, 23/11/15||13/10/14|
|Mr Anthony Rollinson||15/09/14, 17/11/14, 26/01/15, 23/02/15, 23/03/15, 20/04/15, 18/05/15, 29/06/15, 12/10/15, 23/11/15||13/10/14|
|Mrs Sarah Stokes||26/01/15, 23/02/15, 23/03/15, 18/05/15, 29/06/15, 12/10/15, 23/11/15||03/11/14|
|Mrs Jennifer Sweet||15/09/14, 17/11/14, 26/01/15, 23/02/15, 23/03/15, 20/04/15, 18/05/15,12/10/15, 23/11/15|
|Mrs Judith Walling||15/09/14, 17/11/14, 26/01/15, 23/02/15, 23/03/15, 18/05/15, 29/06/15, 12/10/15, 23/11/15||13/10/14||03/11/14|
|Mrs Lesley Taylor (Clerk)||15/09/14, 17/11/14, 26/01/15, 23/02/15, 23/03/15, 20/04/15, 18/05/15, 29/06/15, 12/10/15, 23/11/15||13/10/14||03/11/14|
|Mrs Deborah Fenn (resigned 18/05/15)||17/11/14|
|Miss Louise Bowden (resigned 13/10/14)|
|Mrs Emma Williams (resigned 17/10/14)||15/09/14|
|Mrs Sylvia Guyler (resigned 13/10/14)|
The Assistant Director for Education, learning and families is Judith Harwood, Plymouth Education Directorate, Civic Centre, Plymouth PL1 2AA Tel 01392 307465