Every school has a Governing Body. The Education (No 2) Act, 1986, states that from 18th February 2008 the Governing Body will consist of 5 Parent Governors, 3 Local Authority appointees, 3 Staff Governors, and 3 Community Governors. The Headteacher has the choice of being a full member of the Governing Body.
Briefly the Governors’ duties are:
- To see that each school is conducted in accordance with the Education Acts.
- Finance - as it affects the needs of the school
- To see that the premises are kept in a good state of repair and to direct how the premises might be used out of school hours.
- To assist in the appointment of all staff in the school.
- To exercise general responsibility for the welfare of the school.
- Governors have always had responsibilities regarding the School’s Curriculum, but with the introduction of the National Curriculum, their duties in this sphere have been clearly defined.
- Committees have been formed so that duties may be shared amongst the Governing Body. This allows for Governors with the same interests or skills to work together for the benefit of the school. There are currently two committees – Building/ Finance & Safeguarding and Personnel/Standards & Community.
- Full Governors’ meetings are held five times a year. The committees meet regularly as necessary, report their decisions and make recommendations to the full meetings.
- If you wish to contact the Governors for any reason, you may do so direct or through the Clerk to Governors, via the School Office.
|Mrs J Walling||Community Governor/ Chair of Governors|
|Mr K Cockram||Community Governor/Vice Chair|
|Mrs E Purnell||LA Governor|
|Mrs G Guyler||LA Governor|
|Mrs D Fenn||Parent Governor|
|Mrs J Sweet||Parent Goveror|
|Mrs E Williams||Parent Governor|
|Mrs F Hazeel||Staff Governor|
|Mr A Rollinson||Staff Governor|
|Mrs L Taylor||Clerk to the Governors|
The Director of Education is Ms Bronwen Lacey, Plymouth Education Directorate, Civic Centre, Plymouth PL1 2AA Tel 01392 307400